Lunch & Nutrition
Hillcrest School operates with a Closed Campus. This means that during lunch, students must remain on school property.
Parents can allow their children to leave school property during lunch on a one day basis or every day. Simply give the child written permission that needs to be handed into the office. Also, if you pick up a child for lunch you need to sign your child out at the office.
EATING DURING THE SCHOOL DAY
Most Schools regularly send schedules of cafeteria menus home.
- With this advance information, you can plan on packing lunch on days when the main course is one your child prefers not to eat.
- Each 12-ounce soft drink contains approximately 10 teaspoons of sugar and 150 calories.
- Drinking just one can of soda a day increases a child's risk of obesity by 60%. Restrict your child's soft drink consumption.
Hillcrest School is privileged to have a school store that offers a variety of lunch foods for students to purchase. As we have a limited time for students to eat lunch, students appreciate the fresh sub sandwiches, soups, fruit, juice, cookies, and muffins they have to choose from. Prices are reasonable, and all money made from the store goes back into school and student projects.
School Store Specials:
- Burritos (Beef and Bean or Bean and Cheese) $1.50
- Samosas (Chicken or Vegetarian) $1.50
- Toquitos ($1.00) per toquito
- Hotdogs $2.50
Friday: Pizza ($1.25 per slice)
Everyday Items at the Store
- Noodles (Beef/Chicken): $1.50
- Hot Rods: $1.00
- Beef Jerky: $1.25
- Muffins: $2.00
- Cheddar Sunchips: $1.25
- Munchies: $1.25
- Popcorn: $2.00
- Dole Fruit Juice: $1.50
- Chocolate Milk: $2.25